Welcome Seniors. Below I have detailed some information to help you feel more comfortable for your shoot and when & what to expect during and after.
- To schedule your Senior Session please call or email me so I can send you the contract and deposit information. After I have received both we will set your shoot date (please try to schedule at least four weeks in advance), time & location
- Every Senior Session is held on-location. If you need help choosing a location for your session, feel free to ask me for suggestions as I have scouted much of the Kansas City area
- Depending on which Senior Collection you choose, your session will last between 1.5 hours to 3 hours
- Bring as many outfits as you want. I generally recommend putting at least four choices together; casual~think kick back L.A. Style (denim/tee/sweater), dressy casual~think job interview at Bloomies (skirt/cardigan/summer dress/sandals/open-toe heel), dressy~think New Year’s Eve rooftop party/Art opening (cocktail dress/high high pump/short skirt/funky top), and the last I leave up to you ~ if you have a hobby such as a school sport, cheer/dance, equestrian, photography/painting/writing/musical…..bring something that represents what you fill your spare time with & brings a smile to your heart.
- Accessories & ‘Props’ are very important to putting your shoot together. Bring touch-up makeup, shoes, jewelry, scarves, hats, gloves, belts, jackets, bubbles, a hoola-hoop, paint, bubble gum, lollipop, umbrella, dog, snake, etcetera to enhance your images with texture. Varying your hairstyle to match each location & vibe is also a good idea. And don’t forget, your most important accessory is your Smile.
- I prefer to shoot all Seniors without a parent, this usually allows me to get more genuine emotion out of you without the distraction and watchful eye of a parent. Of course, if you would prefer a parent to join us they are always welcome!
- One week after your Session I will blog my favorite images from the day
- Two weeks after your Session you will come in for your proofing session (note: all purchases made at time of proofing session receive 10% off). Depending on the Collection you have chosen, you will be proofing between 30 & 60 images.
- Your proofs will go online at Pictage.com as well as Facebook.com (if you’re not my friend yet, be sure to add me!) the day of our proofing session for your friends & family to view
- Prints will be delivered within 3 weeks, Custom Framed Portraits, Canvas Wraps, Custom Open House Announcements & Guestbooks within 4-6 weeks, and Coffee Table Albums within 6-8 weeks.
- A high-res CD of all your proofs can be purchased: 1-4 images -$50/ea ($350 minimum purchase) or all proofs -$450 (no minimum purchase)
I hope this helps answer any questions & evokes inspiration for your shoot. I love shooting new things so please do not hesitate to share your ideas with me, we’ll be able to incorporate one or all of them in your Session. I look forward to meeting you and can’t wait to make some beautiful, sassy, poetic imagery, featuring You!